I can't get the game to start, help!
Things to try if the game doesn't work (you can try and start the game after each step.). Please note that step 1 is ONLY for earlier versions of the game (earlier than v1.1).
1. Install the XNA Framework (xnafx40_redist.msi) and .NET Framework (NDP462-KB3151802-Web.exe) located in the redist folder.
2. Try uninstalling .NET Framework (Control Panel - Programs and Features - Look for Microsoft .NET Framework and choose uninstall) and then try reinstalling it again.
3. Delete the MM25DConfig.xml file located in the root of the game folder (don't worry, it will be recreated the next time you start the game).
4. Edit the MM25DConfig.xml file in the root of the game folder and change <FullScreen>false</FullScreen to <FullScreen>true</FullScreen.
5. Add an exception for MM25DGame.exe in your antivirus software or disable it completely (disabling completely is not recommended).
Are there any critical issues in the current available release (v1.1) of the game?
No critical / game crashing issues that we're aware of right now. But if you encounter one, we'd greatly appreciate it if you reported it to us!
I can't get my gamepad to work with the game!
To enable the usage of your controller/joystick you need to enter the settings/control menu and manually bind each game input one by one.
How do i upgrade from v.1.0.2 to v.1.1 of the game while keeping my save-files, game settings and achievements?
Please follow these steps:
1. Unpack v1.1 wherever you want.
2. Go to the game directory for the v1.0.2 release (NOT v1.1 that you just unpacked!) If you're having trouble locating your v1.0.2 game folder, try searching your computer for a file named MM25DGame.exe. Right click the file and choose "Open file location" and you should be in the correct folder.
3. Copy MM25DConfig.xml and all files named saveS* and paste them in the v1.1 folder that you just got when unpacking v1.1 in step 1.
4. Start v1.1 from the v1.1 folder, if you are playing the correct version you should see the version number v1.1 under the logo on the game titlescreen.
5. Please check that you still have access to your savegames and achievements.
I want the original music in the game!
If you prefer the original music, there is a "original" music setting in the audio settings for the game.
Does Mega Man 2.5D have online co-op?
Currently there's only local co-op. There is a slim possibility that we'll add online play at some point, but, for now we'd recommend using something like the software Parsec to be able to play Mega Man 2.5D online. Our development team has used that multiple times to do full playthroughs of the co-op mode, and overall it has worked really well.
Mega Man 2.5D runs poorly on my computer, what can I do?
The game isn't too demanding in terms of specs, but there can be issues with performance when running the game at certain resolutions. Try changing the resolution in the game settings and see if that does anything. It can also be worth going into the windows task manager while running the game, and setting it's priority from normal to high.
Will the game be available on any consoles, or on Linux/Mac?
For now it's Windows only, but we are considering porting it to other systems later.
Is this an official Mega Man game?
Not in any way shape or form. Mega Man 2.5D is a fan game by and for fans.
What are you using to make Mega Man 2.5D?
XNA 4 and BEPU as a physics engine. Autodesk Maya is used for modeling and texturing the stages for the game.
Why does the game take up so much harddrive space?
The main reason for this is the music. To make it loop properly we need to use WAV-files, which eat up a lot of space. Another reason is the intro for the game which is a video file, as well as videos that are used in other parts of the game.
How can I support the project?
The best way to support Mega Man 2.5D is to spread the word. The more feedback we get, the more likely it is that we keep working on the game, adding more stages, modes and other things.
How do I use an E-tank in Mega Man 2.5D?
Provided that you're playing either the latest version of the game (v1.1), or v1.0.2, you have to bind a key or gamepad button for the E-tank in the controller settings that you'll find in the options menu of the game.
How can i quickly select the regular buster in Mega Man 2.5D
If you press the "next weapon" and "previous weapon" buttons at the same time, you'll revert to using the regular buster instead of having to cycle until you get to it.
I'm experiencing input lag!
If you're experiencing input lag, the best way to reduce this is to shut down Steam and Adobe in the System Tray if you have those running. Playing the game in windowed mode is another way of reducing input latency. A side effect to this however, is that the game tears constantly. Thanks to Carlo Pistritto for bringing this to our attention.