Welcome, Guest
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: How 'bout a charge attack for Megaman/Protoman?

How 'bout a charge attack for Megaman/Protoman? 4 years 1 month ago #3240

First off - awesome, awesome work on bringing this game to fruition! Me and my friends have a YouTube channel (Level 857) and will be uploading some streamed footage of our co-op campaign of Megaman 2.5D pretty soon!. The game is awesome!

This is like a dream come true since me and my brother have always wished for a 2-player co-op Megaman or Megaman X game. Since Capcom dropped the ball, your team has proved more than worthy of taking up the torch!

With that said have your team every considered giving Megaman/Protoman a charge attack as seen in Megamans 4-8? I know some Megaman purists would point to Megaman 2-3 (or even 9-10) as being among the best Megaman games and credit the omission of a charge attack as a contributing factor.

However, me and my bro always thought that charge attacks gave Megaman at least a fighting chance against bosses when their weakness weapon wasn't yet obtained (or weapon energy has been depleted).

So how 'bout something like Megaman/Protoman having the ability to charge attacks?

Megaman could have like a 2 level charge (blue color; lvl 1 charge would be a bit larger/wider than regular shots and cause 2 points of damage to a boss - lvl 2 charge would be a larger blast (Megaman 5 style!) causing 3 points of damage).

Protoman could have a 2 level charge (green color) as well (lvl 1 charge would a longer blast than Megaman's and pierce through enemies; lvl 2 charge could generate his shield which could absorb 3 regular enemy shots before disappearing (requiring another lvl 2 charge to appear again).

Just a thought...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How 'bout a charge attack for Megaman/Protoman? 4 years 1 month ago #3241

Hey,

glad you guys are liking the game. :)

The charge shot is actually in the game already, but it's an extra that you'll need to unlock in the in-game shop. Proto man also has an ability that he can unlock, though in his case it's not a charge shot, though we are considering adding that as well at some point.

Please feel free to post also then you have footage up on your channel. It's especially fun to see people play coop since it's not as common as the single-player is.
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Peter Sjöstrand.

How 'bout a charge attack for Megaman/Protoman? 4 years 1 month ago #3242

Will do, Peter and thanks for the blessin'! :) I'll post links on this forum as soon as I get the vidz ready.

Can't believe I didn't check out the in-game shop. I'll be sure to take a look! But Protoman could definitely use a charge shot (even if it's not as powerful as Megaman's).

Keep up the good work and maybe Capcom will get inspired to do this for Megaman X.