Welcome, Guest
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: Treble Boost? and other gameplay questions

Treble Boost? and other gameplay questions 4 years 2 months ago #3053

First off, wanted to say while I haven't unlocked any of the other characters or beaten the game yet, I have enjoyed it quite a lot actually.

I've seen some talk about having Bass use Treble instead of Rush, and while I know you guys aren't currently planning on adding Treble yet in the update, I wanted to throw my 2 cents out there.

Instead of a Treble Coil and Treble Jet, why not simply use the Treble Boost for Bass instead? Not the one used in Boss Battles from MM7 and MM8 mind you (although those versions have always been my favorite) but the one used in MM10 or MM&B or MM&B: Challenger from the future?

While Megaman started the whole "Combine with Support Units" thing, Bass is the one who seems to use it more often than he does. In fact that's kinda become more of Treble's iconic thing to do.

I don't know if Bass's gameplay is any different than Mega and Proto's (I haven't found any videos of Bass being used in 2.5D yet) but if you are keeping the Dash instead of slide and his 8 directional rapid fire from MM10, why not use the MM10 Treble Boost as is? It technically gives you the same freedom of movement as the Rush Coil or Rush Jet, uses the same amount of weapon energy consumption, and gives a 3 pellet spread shot that, last I checked damage data charts, usually does 2x as much damage as Bass's normal buster pellets did.

Also, do Mega Man and Proto have any gameplay differences? So far as I've been playing they seem like they play the same way, I don't know if Proto Shield is unlockable or not but it wouldn't be a bad gameplay difference to add. Last I checked while Proto could use his shield in 9 and 10, he did take 2x as much damage from hits compared to Mega and Bass if that was also a balance concern.

I look forward to seeing what y'all have in store for the future while I continue to play this game. Keep up the good work.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Treble Boost? and other gameplay questions 4 years 2 months ago #3054

The reason why Treble Coil and Jet may be more likely than Treble Boost is that they would function like Rush Coil and Jet does. Since Treble Boost allows Bass to move around more freely, it's possible that it would require quite a few changes to things like camera triggers in the stages, even though Treble would only be usable in the Wily stages.

I would say though that Treble Boost isn't out of the question. We'll have to see how many other things we want to include in that update (v1.1 that we aim to release later this year) first, and also take another look at the Wily stages to try and make sure that we don't break any of the stages by adding it.

Mega Man and Proto Man play the same by default. The reason for it is that so when playing co-op, one player wouldn't need to feel that he got the worse character. However, Mega Man and Proto Man each have a character specific unlockable. So if you unlock those and activate them then there will be differences.
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Peter Sjöstrand.

Treble Boost? and other gameplay questions 4 years 2 months ago #3057

Alright, thanks for letting me know.

One other suggestion. Is it possible the icons for the unlockable stuff might have a description for each of the unlockable stuff? Like say if someone wanted to select Bass but instead selected Light.

I know it gives an error noise for selecting something you don't have enough unlock points for, but it might help give players an idea what they might wanna save up for and spend on first, lol

Treble Boost? and other gameplay questions 4 years 2 months ago #3067

The unlockables have been a hot topic among the team as well. My reasoning for having it the way that it is now, is that I kind of like it being a bit of a mystery, though the idea is that the icons hint at what you're getting. But yeah of course in the case of the characters, they all currently use a mega man silhouette.

Perhaps a good change would be to give them all different silhouttes so that you have a better chance of knowing what you're buying.