Welcome, Guest
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: MiniBoss for the Shoot 'em up sections.

MiniBoss for the Shoot 'em up sections. 4 years 2 months ago #2956

Wouldn't it be cool if you guys could add a miniboss to one of the two shmup sections in the game (star man stage and the other), those sections are incredibly fun specially in coop mode, it could be like the giant octopus miniboss in Mega Man 5 that appears when you are riding the water motorcycle in Waveman stage or like the Wily star miniboss in the space section of Megaman V for the gameboy:
MegaMan V Space Section
MegaMan 5 WaveMan Stage
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Talos91.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MiniBoss for the Shoot 'em up sections. 4 years 2 months ago #2961

Thanks for the suggestion! I've always liked those minibosses in Mega Man 5 and V :) There are a couple of issues however with adding such minibosses to our game. One is that we'd have to try and make at least parts of those two autoscrolling sections so that they can go on forever until the boss is defeated, or at least create the illusion of them going on forever. The other is that by adding such bosses we would likely have to make some pretty significant changes to the checkpoints and level designs since those autoscrolling parts are already pretty tough.

So while I think that minibosses could be a cool addition to at least one of those autoscrolling parts, I don't think it's realistic for us to add it because of what a huge task it would be.

MiniBoss for the Shoot 'em up sections. 4 years 2 months ago #2962

Some ideas that would make it easier:
You could stop the autoscrolling at the end of one of those sections to fight the miniboss like in Mega Man V when fighting the Wily star (see above video) as for the balance you could just reduce the damage recieved by the missiles or water mines exploding and add the miniboss at the end of one of those sections like I said stopping the autoscrolling and fighthing the miniboss in a static room (Mega Man V Wily Star), after defeating the miniboss you now can get to the platforms to get off the vehicle and get the checkpoint, that way checkpoints and level design wouldn't have to be all changed.
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Talos91.

MiniBoss for the Shoot 'em up sections. 4 years 2 months ago #2964

True, that would make it easier to implement a mini-boss in those sections :) I will add it to our list and we'll see if it's something that we end up adding in an update.