Welcome, Guest
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: Duo as playable character?

Duo as playable character? 4 years 2 months ago #2915

Any plans to add Duo as the last playable character? He was already playable in the arcade Mega Man games and he shoots a blast in the shape of his hand on those games as well as having 8-bit sprites too:
Duo shots
Duo Sprites

Maybe he could also be the first melee playable character, his special attack would be punching with his fist and his normal attack would be shooting blasts in the shape of his hand.
6 playable characters would be the ideal number. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Duo as playable character? 4 years 2 months ago #2918

Hey, thanks for the suggestion! So far we've only taken suggestions for additional playable characters, but we haven't made any decisions yet about which ones to add.

I wouldn't have thought playable Duo was an option, but that's because I didn't realize there were 8-bit style sprites for him available. I'll add Duo to the list of suggested characters, and we'll see if we decide to add him in an update :)

Duo as playable character? 4 years 2 months ago #2921

Nice! That is great to hear, what other characters are you considering too?

I think adding Duo as a playable character would give the game even more uniqueness considering his character story (space cop reconstructed by Dr. Light when he crashed on earth), cool design and playstyle rather than just adding Robot Masters as playable characters. Not to mention it would be the first time he is playable in a "console" Mega Man game and his 8-bit sprites would only have to be redesigned a little to fit the classic Mega Man nes style.

Duo as playable character? 4 years 2 months ago #2972

I found some cool nes styled Duo sprites that maybe you could use:
imgur.com/HTI15jr

The rest of the sprites are here:

File Attachment:

File Name: duo.zip
File Size: 20 KB

Credit: cutstuff.net
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Talos91.