Welcome, Guest
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: Robot Masters as playable charactes

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 3 months ago #2787

When we started to play with my friend, he said it would be nice if he could play with Topman [since Topman is his favorite master :p] with that I got idea to suggest this.
---
My suggestion simply is that we could choose our character between some robot masters besides Megaman and Protoman. Difference with robot masters would be that they can't use variable weapon system like Megaman and Protoman does, but their own weapons would be maybe a little bit stronger than Proto and Mega Buster.

This would as well give more challenge, since you couldn't use weaknesses while fighting with stage bosses.

We all have favorite robot masters and many of us would love to play with their favorite master. It would work in cooperative mode and versus, wouldn't that be cool if you can fight against each others with your friend with your favorite masters? :P

I don't say it should be added right away, but maybe in the future after online version is available? This is just suggestion from us. ^^
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 3 months ago #2789

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. We've actually gotten more requests for playable robot masters. Overall, we'd definitely like to add more playable characters to the game. However, any playable character that we add will need to at least have some kind of projectile based attack that doesn't consume weapon energy.

The reason for this is that we have things like shootable buttons, especially in the co-op mode of the game. So the character would be able to be able to shoot those buttons. But for example adding someone like Top Man as a playable character could be doable if we for example had his standard attack be projectile based, and then gave him an attack that is more like the kind of attack you'd expect to see Top Man use as a charge attack. It may also be able to add his Top Spin attack that you as a player normally get after having defeated him.

Also I believe that Top Man is roughly the same size as the current playable characters. So that would work too. We couldn't really add a robot master that is too different in size from the regular characters.

So i'm not saying that we'll necessarily add Top Man as a playable character. But it seems like it would definitely be a possibility. Though at this point all we can say is that we want to add more playable characters :)
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Peter Sjöstrand.

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 3 months ago #2802

Peter Sjöstrand wrote:
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. We've actually gotten more requests for playable robot masters. Overall, we'd definitely like to add more playable characters to the game. However, any playable character that we add will need to at least have some kind of projectile based attack that doesn't consume weapon energy.

The reason for this is that we have things like shootable buttons, especially in the co-op mode of the game. So the character would be able to be able to shoot those buttons. But for example adding someone like Top Man as a playable character could be doable if we for example had his standard attack be projectile based, and then gave him an attack that is more like the kind of attack you'd expect to see Top Man use as a charge attack. It may also be able to add his Top Spin attack that you as a player normally get after having defeated him.

Also I believe that Top Man is roughly the same size as the current playable characters. So that would work too. We couldn't really add a robot master that is too different in size from the regular characters.

So i'm not saying that we'll necessarily add Top Man as a playable character. But it seems like it would definitely be a possibility. Though at this point all we can say is that we want to add more playable characters :)
That's what I have been thinking too. For example Gutsman would be merely impossible (and useless), while playing since he doesn't have any kind of weapons besides Super Arm. + He's bigger than 'basic' Megaman making sliding and such things look stupid for him. :D Haha!

That's how I've been thinking it as well. Topman uses tops as secondary weapon so for example they could be shootable (like they were in Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch). Not just as big they are in MM3.
Top Spin would be so cool add! And that reminds me (offtopic tho), but will Protoman have his Proto Shield later in the game? And same with Megaman's charge shot? They're not necessary, but they would be cool. :)

But that's nice to hear it's been considered! I'll wait what future will bring us.
It's amazing your team in general started to do this game, even it wasn't supposed to be game in the start! (I think it was like that, right?) It's really enjoyable already without these adds, but it surely adds more fun to game later :p

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 3 months ago #2803

Terasedward wrote:
Peter Sjöstrand wrote:

That's what I have been thinking too. For example Gutsman would be merely impossible (and useless), while playing since he doesn't have any kind of weapons besides Super Arm. + He's bigger than 'basic' Megaman making sliding and such things look stupid for him. :D Haha!

That's how I've been thinking it as well. Topman uses tops as secondary weapon so for example they could be shootable (like they were in Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch). Not just as big they are in MM3.
Top Spin would be so cool add! And that reminds me (offtopic tho), but will Protoman have his Proto Shield later in the game? And same with Megaman's charge shot? They're not necessary, but they would be cool. :)

But that's nice to hear it's been considered! I'll wait what future will bring us.
It's amazing your team in general started to do this game, even it wasn't supposed to be game in the start! (I think it was like that, right?) It's really enjoyable already without these adds, but it surely adds more fun to game later :p

Yeah Guts Man would pretty much just get stuck when you get to a gap where you have to slide through :) As for Proto Shield and Charge Shot
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Yeah you're right, the game started as a fun little animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiwQtSx6zHw&t=1s . But then a lot of people seemed to like it, so that's why we decided to make a real game out of it.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Peter Sjöstrand.

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 3 months ago #2810

Peter Sjöstrand wrote:
Terasedward wrote:
Peter Sjöstrand wrote:

Yeah Guts Man would pretty much just get stuck when you get to a gap where you have to slide through :) As for Proto Shield and Charge Shot
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Yeah you're right, the game started as a fun little animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiwQtSx6zHw&t=1s . But then a lot of people seemed to like it, so that's why we decided to make a real game out of it.

Oh! Haha, I have to start search for them then >: D

And yeah, I remember seeing that video maybe 5 years ago myself when I was active on Megaman fandom. I'm really happy you people ended to do game and so are others! Especially I am even more, since game is developed in neighbor country? (Sweden?)
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Terasedward.

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 3 months ago #2815

Yeah, well partly developed in Sweden anyway. Two of us are from Sweden, then we have the main coder Edgar from Mexico, one in the UK, one in the US and one over in Canada, and just the other day we added someone from Finland to the team as well.

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 3 months ago #2818

Small team, still damn lovely game!
And yay Finnish person there xD I'm from Finland myself.

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 3 months ago #2872

Hey I've been wondering, Wouldn't it be cool if once you beat Bond-Man you could unlock him as a playable character or get an over powered version of his weapon? Just thought it would be worth working so hard to collect all the letters and beating him at the end.

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 3 months ago #2874

Pixelmar wrote:
Hey I've been wondering, Wouldn't it be cool if once you beat Bond-Man you could unlock him as a playable character or get an over powered version of his weapon? Just thought it would be worth working so hard to collect all the letters and beating him at the end.

Hey, we'd definitely like to give the player some reward for beating him (other than the achievement). We've been discussing giving you some kind of weapon that you can then use for the remaining fights in the game, but we hadn't considered making Bond Man himself playable, that may be a fun thing to do :)

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 2 months ago #2909

Well thanks for the response :) , although one thing that hasn't crossed my mind is how would Bond Man slide? :huh:
(P.S The 1.0.1 update is great, runs a lot smoother on my PC)
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Pixelmar.

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 2 months ago #2910

I think a slide sprite for Bond Man could be done if we decided to add him, without it looking too weird. Though it's hard to say for sure before actually trying it :)

Glad to hear you've been getting better results with v1.0.1. Right now we're working on the v1.0.2 update which will contain more bug fixes and tweaks.

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 2 months ago #2914

I think giving the player an extra weapon after defeating Bond Man would be better, his glue shot looks like a really useful and fun weapon to use, also maybe you could save after completing the game and you could start a new game with his weapon unlocked from the beginning. BTW awesome job on the Bond Man sprites and attacks, the fight was a lot of fun.

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 2 months ago #2919

Talos91 wrote:
I think giving the player an extra weapon after defeating Bond Man would be better, his glue shot looks like a really useful and fun weapon to use, also maybe you could save after completing the game and you could start a new game with his weapon unlocked from the beginning. BTW awesome job on the Bond Man sprites and attacks, the fight was a lot of fun.

Thanks, although we cannot take credit for Bond Man sprites, at least not his idle sprite. That one I found somewhere on the internet. But all of his other sprites are made by us, as are the attacks that he use.
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Peter Sjöstrand.

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 2 months ago #2922

That is awesome, so who from the game's team is the sprite artist? Also what do you think about the secret weapon from Bond Man idea?

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 2 months ago #2931

Well all I can say is keep up the good work. :)

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 2 months ago #2932

Talos91 wrote:
That is awesome, so who from the game's team is the sprite artist? Also what do you think about the secret weapon from Bond Man idea?

I made the sprites for the game. Though since almost everything is based on existing assets from the original games it was mostly a matter of modifying existing assets. But we had to make the sprites for Bond Man, as well as sprites for some of the playable characters.

Oh and about the special weapon, I like that idea. We may end up going with that approach for it. :)
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Peter Sjöstrand.

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 2 months ago #2952

Have you guys thought of making Quint playable?

Robot Masters as playable charactes 4 years 2 months ago #2955

Pixelmar wrote:
Have you guys thought of making Quint playable?

It's not something that we've thought about, but now what you mention it, Quint may be a fun addition to the game. I'll add him to our list and we'll see if we end up adding him as a playable character.