Welcome, Guest
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: Can a Slide button be added?

Can a Slide button be added? 4 years 3 months ago #2479

Probably first world problems, but i wouldn't mind a button for just sliding. I noticed while in Quick Man's stage, sometimes when I press Down and Jump on my controller, it doesn't register and then i die, due to instant death lasers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can a Slide button be added? 4 years 3 months ago #2500

Yeah we've been considering too adding a dedicated slide button, it didn't make into this release though, but after seeing both you and others request it, we'll be adding it on a future update (though not the 1.0.1 update that we're expecting to put out this weekend, that update will only be too adress some critical game crashing issues), but in the release that follows that we expect to add the dedicated slide button.

Can a Slide button be added? 4 years 3 months ago #2506

After some experimenting, I've found that the issue is specifically that you can't seem to slide after inching forward/starting to run. Essentially, that middle area between standing still and all-out running (when the player's sprite leans forward a bit) is a dead zone for sliding. This becomes a serious issue for me personally if I'm trying to immediately turn and slide while fighting a boss, as I tend to hit the direction I want to turn and Down at the same time before hitting Jump for quick turning.

A slide button would be neat, but it won't change anything for me if that slide dead zone mentioned above is not addressed.
The Doctor will see you now... :evil:
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by TheDoc.

Can a Slide button be added? 4 years 3 months ago #2555

Hey Doc, looks like we have fixed the not being able to slide in tiptoe mode bug you made us aware of. Fix will be included in the upcoming 1.0.1 version releasing any day now. Good catch! We are not sure how we missed that one, probably had it working at one time and then we tweaked the tip toeing or something and broke it and never noticed it :-)

Can a Slide button be added? 4 years 3 months ago #2612

• epa
Yo Doc, please grab the new v1.0.1 and let us know if you feel that the slide issue is fixed or not!

Can a Slide button be added? 4 years 3 months ago #2632

Seems to work fine now. Thanks!
The Doctor will see you now... :evil:

Can a Slide button be added? 4 years 3 months ago #2646

I mentioned this in another thread, but I agree wholeheartedly about the sliding dead zone, it's very awkward and killed me many times, especially when trying to dodge Punk.

Edit: Jumped the gun on this reply, 1.01 fixes this! Well done, thank you :)
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by BaronHaynes.

Can a Slide button be added? 4 years 1 month ago #3239

Finally got the chance to co op the game.
My friend is not a megaman regular, he kept sliding off platforms and into spikes on some stages.
Yeah and on Snakeman stage we rode the snake a number of times although I found it funny he did not :P
A slide button would be nice.