Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Can't seem to find the folder for the save data

Can't seem to find the folder for the save data 2 years 8 months ago #3111

Following the FAQ, I searched for "MM25DGame.exe" yet I still couldn't find it besides the 3 files by "MM25DGame.exe.manifest/deploy/config.deploy". Am I doing something wrong here?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't seem to find the folder for the save data 2 years 8 months ago #3118

UltraB64 wrote:
Following the FAQ, I searched for "MM25DGame.exe" yet I still couldn't find it besides the 3 files by "MM25DGame.exe.manifest/deploy/config.deploy". Am I doing something wrong here?

Do you have the installer version, or the installer-free version?

Can't seem to find the folder for the save data 2 years 8 months ago #3124

Installer, so yeah, still have no idea what's wrong.

Can't seem to find the folder for the save data 2 years 8 months ago #3132

The place where you're looking at is actually the installer of the game. The manifest files are related to the installer. Henceforth, you're looking in the wrong place.

The installer installs the game into a pretty weird location to your C-drive no matter where you actually extract and run the installer at.

For example, to me it installs into this location :
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\D9TG0QJ7.G4J\RX53C97J.M9E\mm25..tion_0000000000000000_0001.0000_8ab81580f8a5df46

Your folder will be in a similar location likely until C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0 , but the number strings after that will vary depending on each installation. So, search through your C-folder for MM25DGame.exe or MM25DConfig.xml to find the game location, or check that area out manually and hope for the best.

Alternatively, if you open up the shortcut to the game on your desktop with a Notepad (Resulting in a bunch of garbage being opened) , then go to File and Save As, it will probably point to the files (MM25DGame.exe) actual location rather than the Desktop where the shortcut is on.

The installer is very wonky like this right now. Due to this we very strongly suggest using the Without Installer version of the game instead. So in the case you very simply get frustrated with this and especially if you wish for the game to be located somewhere else than your C:\, please, download the Without Installer version and use that instead. You can still import your old config and saves to the Without Installer version once you first find your Installer version simply.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by RedFoxxie. Reason: Some typo edit.

Can't seem to find the folder for the save data 2 years 8 months ago #3135

Thank you! I found it!

Can't seem to find the folder for the save data 2 years 8 months ago #3136

No problem, glad to be of help.