Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Xbox 360 controller getting stick:4096-

Xbox 360 controller getting stick:4096- 9 months 2 weeks ago #3026

All the topics I've seen for this issue have been for ps4 controllers. Is there a fix for a 360 controller?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Xbox 360 controller getting stick:4096- 9 months 2 weeks ago #3027

What issue have you been having with the 360 controller? If it's about directions, it may be that you were slightly off when mapping the controls, so in that case it may be worth trying to map them again.
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by Peter Sjöstrand.

Xbox 360 controller getting stick:4096- 9 months 2 weeks ago #3028

When I hit enter to rebind the keys it just inputs stick:4096-. Sometimes it gave a button input like Up, down, left, right and the triggers but those rarely worked. Every other button just brings up stick:4096- and the directions would only work if inputted as soon as enter was hit. Even then it's not guaranteed to work.

Xbox 360 controller getting stick:4096- 9 months 2 weeks ago #3029

It's not that the directions weren't the correct direction. That was fine. But I can't map buttons to anything. A/B/Y/X/RB/LB/Start/Select/Dpad don't map to anything. Just stick:4096- shows up. I can't map RT and LT separately. I also can't even put the keyboard controls in anymore. Hitting enter just defaults whatever thing I'm trying to change to stick:4096-.

Xbox 360 controller getting stick:4096- 9 months 2 weeks ago #3030

Hmmm that sounds like its reading constantly a value from the controller sticks. If you connect a controller in to the computer while holding into a certain direction, that becomes the "default direction" and it will constantly keep reading a wrong value. Disconnecting and reconnecting the controller will fix this. Rebooting your computer while making sure the stick isn't held into any direction will as well fix this.

I did test my own 360 controller and it should work fine as is so it shouldn't be an issue with the controller type.

If nothing does work it sounds either like the controller itself is configured poorly (bad drivers or such) or there is an issue with a deadzone, in other words, the stick on your controller is a bit loose and the game detects it as an input. Not sure can you configure deadzones on our engine in any way as it is right now . .

Try to disconnect the controller and put it back in. Also, you can just disconnect the controller and map in the buttons with your keyboard so you can at least play with keyboard if the issue cannot be solved easily.

Also, if you open MM25DConfig.xml with a Notepad, there is a section like this :
-<Controls>

-<Mapping>

-<ArrayOfAnyType>

Under there you do see your controller inputs if you feel like entering them manually though that's rather difficult to do so I wouldn't recommend that if you don't feel experimental.
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by RedFoxxie.

Xbox 360 controller getting stick:4096- 9 months 2 weeks ago #3100

Hey, in case you haven't gotten this fixed yet. In case you're using the installer version of the game, please try and load the installer-free one and try with that one instead. We've had issues with some people actually getting this bug without having a controller in on their computer at all when using the installer and that could be related to your issue as well.

Also out of curiosity, do you have some special type of a gaming mouse ? Sometimes they can ironically be detected as controllers.
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by RedFoxxie.