Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Things I've noticed

Things I've noticed 2 years 5 months ago #2896

First of all, thank you for such an amazing game. I've started to speed run it and it's really testing my limits (and patience :P)

Things I've noticed:

Game doesn't count as an "active window" and always puts my monitor to sleep once the timer hits on my settings. I've had to make it so it never goes to sleep in order to prevent this from happening.

The game crashes A LOT if you click out of it (I only use windowed mode). If I launch it and go to the menus and then, let's say go to google chrome or some other window, if I click back on MM it will go unresponsive and I have to force close it.

SUGGESTIONS: Allow us to lower the sound effect of the charge buster. It's rather loud and it can get annoying since it's being used A LOT.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Things I've noticed 2 years 5 months ago #2904

Hey! Thank you, cool to hear that you've started doing speed runs of it. :)

The active window thing is something that we're aware of as well and hope that we'll be able to resolve, as it is a serious issue. I don't think it'll be fixed in time for the 1.0.2 update that we hope to have out soon, but it is something that we will try to resolve in a later update.

Thanks for the suggestion about the charge shot. While I don't think we can implement a mechanic to adjust the volume for individual sound effects, I will look at the sound effect for the charge shot and see if it seems too loud compared to the other sounds.

Things I've noticed 2 years 5 months ago #2912

Running the game on Windows 7 compatibility mode should fix the issue with the game crashing if you click outside of it, considering you aren't using Windows 7. Another way would be to turn your game once to fullscreen, then back to windowed. Both of these actions should help with the window becoming unfocused on Windows 10 at least.

But yeah, there's some problems with how the game window doesn't take priorities right and goes unfocused. We'll do our best to fix it.

Things I've noticed 2 years 5 months ago #2953

Peter Sjöstrand wrote:
Hey! Thank you, cool to hear that you've started doing speed runs of it. :)

The active window thing is something that we're aware of as well and hope that we'll be able to resolve, as it is a serious issue. I don't think it'll be fixed in time for the 1.0.2 update that we hope to have out soon, but it is something that we will try to resolve in a later update.

Thanks for the suggestion about the charge shot. While I don't think we can implement a mechanic to adjust the volume for individual sound effects, I will look at the sound effect for the charge shot and see if it seems too loud compared to the other sounds.

Thanks for the reply! Glad you guys are aware of it!

I also found something else last night. I was in Shadow Man's stage and the moving platform just stopped moving when I got to the first jumping point. See the below video for reference:

Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by ssjgotenx268.

Things I've noticed 2 years 5 months ago #2954

RedFoxxie wrote:
Running the game on Windows 7 compatibility mode should fix the issue with the game crashing if you click outside of it, considering you aren't using Windows 7. Another way would be to turn your game once to fullscreen, then back to windowed. Both of these actions should help with the window becoming unfocused on Windows 10 at least.

But yeah, there's some problems with how the game window doesn't take priorities right and goes unfocused. We'll do our best to fix it.

Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to give that a shot when I get home tonight.