Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2509

Hi guys,

I've got a problem after installing Megaman 2.5D.

When I run the game, the game's window is out of the screen and I can't move it.

Even with Alt + Enter I can't get the window in the center of my screen.

Here is a screenshot of the problem:

Megaman2.5D.png

Thanks for your help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2526

hey!

we're aware of the issue, and will try to solve it eventually, but for now, please try this.
locate the file MM25DConfig.xml in the game directory, and edit it. in that file, you should see a fullscreen tag near the top, which is set to false. set that to true, then save the file.

Now try starting the game and it should start in full screen mode, from there you can access the video options in the options menu and make any needed adjustments there.

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2539

I can't find the MM25Dconfig.xml file that you mention. The closest thing i see is the MM25DGame.exe.config file

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2560

Really? The game should generate that file the first time that you start it. Perhaps you could try starting it again and see if that generates it.

It should be in the root game folder though along with other files like for example the one that you mentioned.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4105550/MM25DConfig.png

Please let me know if you still can't get it to work and i'll check with the other guys on the team to try and figure it out.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Peter Sjöstrand.

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2577

• LIKA
hi =)

The same thing happens to me, it opens the game to the third part of the screen and does not generate any files. :(

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2579

Sorry to hear that you're having this issue. I'll get a fresh config file up here very shortly. And you can try and put that in your game directories, that should be enough. As to why your games aren't generating the default config i cannot say at this time. But we will look into it. I'll put the default config here as soon as i can, probably within an hour.

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2582

Ok guys, here's a clean game config, though i've taken the liberty of setting the full screen value to true. So please try copying this to your game directory and then try running the game.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4105550/MM25DConfig.xml

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2600

Thanks for posting the xml file. Mine wasn't being generated either.

I tried placing it in multiple locations in the file directory, including the root folder where the setup exe is, but the game window is still 1/2 out of the screen. I am running Win 10 64 bit at 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2601

Thanks for posting the xml file. It wasn't being generated for me, either.

I tried saving this file in various places in the file directory, including the root folder with the setup exe, but the game window still appears 1/2 off the screen.

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2604

Hey been following this!

I clicked "save link as" on your link and got the .xml file in the root directory, but it's still doing it! :woohoo:

What else could be the problem?

Screenshot_79.png

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2606

(Thought I'd do a second post since the first one might not have shown up)

Hey, been following this thread!

So I clicked "Save Link As" on your link and got the xml file into the root directory. Problem is...

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Spirit-Hunter/Screenshot_79.png~original

Doesn't look quite like it worked! What else could be the problem?

-Davis

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2607

Hey, been following this thread. So I clicked "Save Link As" on the link there and got the .xml file into the root directory. But, when i run the program...

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Spirit-Hunter/Screenshot_79.png~original

It still does it! What else could possibly be the problem?

-Davis

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2608

That's unfortunate. I was hoping that would resolve it. Are you guys running the version with installer, or the installer free one?

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2609

Def. installer free. I was happy to get it running from the instructions, only this small hitch came up.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by MegaDude.

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2618

Running Installer free version

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2655

Hi guys I have a solution who works.

Launch the game. The window will be 1/2 out of the screen but that's fine. Launch a game by spamming Enter until you're in a level. Then open the menu (you should be able to see it in the 1/2 window), go in the graphic options and set the fullscreen.

Enjoy the game :)

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2661

Unfortunately, not enough menu appears on my screen. Think you could share a key sequence to get to this point? lol

Meanwhile I hope we get a normal solution going, really want to play the game!

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2665

It looks like you might be running Windows 10. Try and launch the game on Windows 7 compatibility mode. It might help first of all.

Another idea would be to open up the config file (MM25DConfig.xml , should be located in the same folder with MM25DGame.exe) with a Notepad and finding these lines or something close to these :

<Graphics>
<FullScreen>false</FullScreen>
<DisplayModeID>19</DisplayModeID>

The first line here specifies whether you're in fullscreen mode or not. The second line corresponds to the resolution the game runs at. 19 would be 1920x1080. Chances are that setting the fullscreen to "true" instead of false would fix your issues. Alternatively you can try and reduce the DisplaymodeID to a lower number , resulting in a smaller window size which shouldn't overstretch -hopefully- .

For example, these settings should give you 1280x800 windowed which shouldn't overstretch :

<Graphics>
<FullScreen>false</FullScreen>
<DisplayModeID>9</DisplayModeID>

See if any of these help you out.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by RedFoxxie.

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2721

That WORKED!!!! thanks alot. This game is really impressive you've done a GREAT JOB!!!

Game's window is 1/2 out of the screen 2 years 5 months ago #2770

zeth LP wrote:
That WORKED!!!! thanks alot. This game is really impressive you've done a GREAT JOB!!!

Glad you got it to work and that you're having fun with the game!
  • Page: