I can't get the game to start, help!
Things to try if the game doesn't work (you can try and start the game after each step.)
1. Try the installer free version.
2. Install the XNA Framework (xnafx40_redist.msi) and .NET Framework (NDP462-KB3151802-Web.exe) located in the redist folder (only included in the installer free version).
3. Try uninstalling .NET Framework (Control Panel - Programs and Features - Look for Microsoft .NET Framework and choose uninstall) and then try reinstalling it again.
4. Delete the MM25DConfig.xml file located in the root of the game folder (don't worry, it will be recreated the next time you start the game).
5. Edit the MM25DConfig.xml file in the root of the game folder and change <FullScreen>false</FullScreen to <FullScreen>true</FullScreen.
6. Add an exception for MM25DGame.exe in your antivirus software or disable it completely (disabling completely is not recommended).
Are there any critical issues in the current available release (v1.0.1) of the game?
Yes there are a few that we know of right now which we will be addressing in the next update (v.1.0.2) of the game:
1. If you enter a teleporter in Wily 4, and then at the same time that you teleport you try to bring up the weapon menu on the side, then you'll trigger a bug and be unable to continue playing.
2. In Star Man's co-op stage, if you enter his boss room with one player running on top of the other player's head. Star Man will never show up due to the boss trigger not reaching both players, so instead both players will keep running until they reach the right corner of the room, then just stand there, forcing you to quit the stage.
3. The game may crash when you enter a teleporter in Wily 4. Right now we don't know the cause of this, other than that it seems to be pretty rare. But we've had several reports of it happening.
4. In the challenge stage the game will crash if you slide into a wall of spikes in the water-section.
I can't get my gamepad to work with the game!
To enable the usage of your controller/joystick you need to enter the settings/control menu and manually bind each game input one by one.
How do i upgrade from v.1.0 to v.1.0.1 of the game while keeping my save-files, game settings and achievements?
If you have the version of the game with installer:
1. First, you need to locate your game folder. Do this by searching your computer for a file named MM25DGame.exe. Right click the file and choose "Open file location" and you should be in the correct folder.
2. In this folder you should be able to find the MM25DConfig.xml file and a couple of files named saveS* (depending on if you have any savegames or not) please copy these and only these files to a backup folder of your choice.
3. Go to Control Panel - Programs and Features and choose Mega Man 2.5D in the list and then click on uninstall. This needs to be done before you can install v1.0.1 of the game.
4. Install v.1.0.1.
5. Locate the game folder for v1.0.1 using the same method that you used in step 1. Copy the MM25DConfig.xml and all of the savefiles from your backup folder into the game folder.
6. Start the game, if you are playing the correct version, you should see the version number v1.0.1 under the logo on the game titlescreen.
7. Please check that you still have access to your savegames and achievements.
If you have the version of the game without installer:
1. Unpack v1.0.1 wherever you want.
2. Go to the game directoy for the v1.0 release (NOT 1.0.1 that you just unpacked!)
3. Copy MM25DConfig.xml and all files named saveS* and paste them in the v1.0.1 folder that you just got when unpacking v1.0.1. in step 1.
3. Start v1.0.1 from the v1.0.1 folder, if you are playing the correct version you should see the version number v1.0.1 under the logo on the game titlescreen.
4. Please check that you still have access to your savegames and achievements.
I get an error message when trying to start the game!
Your best bet is to check the Bugs & Problems section of our forum.
I want the original music in the game!
If you prefer the original music, there is a "original" music setting in the audio settings for the game.
Does Mega Man 2.5D have online co-op?
Currently there's only local co-op. We're considering adding online play at a later time for the co-op and vs-mode.
Mega Man 2.5D runs poorly on my computer, what can I do?
The game isn't too demanding in terms of specs, but there can be issues with performance when running the game at certain resolutions. Try changing the resolution in the game settings and see if that does anything. It can also be worth going into the windows task manager while running the game, and setting it's priority from normal to high.
Will the game be available on any consoles, or on Linux/Mac?
For now it's Windows only, but we are considering porting it to other systems later.
Is this an official Mega Man game?
Not in any way shape or form. Mega Man 2.5D is a fan game by and for fans.
What are you using to make Mega Man 2.5D?
XNA 4 and BEPU as a physics engine. Autodesk Maya is used for modeling and texturing the stages for the game.
Why does the game take up so much harddrive space?
The main reason for this is the music. To make it loop properly we need to use WAV-files, which eat up a lot of space. Another reason is the intro for the game which is a video file, as well as videos that are used in other parts of the game.
How can I support the project?
The best way to support Mega Man 2.5D is to spread the word. The more feedback we get, the more likely it is that we keep working on the game, adding more stages, modes and other things.
How do I use an E-tank in Mega Man 2.5D?
The E-tank is treated like a weapon, meaning you have to switch to it and then press the shoot-button to activate it. This is something that will be reworked in the v1.0.2 update of the game as people have been having problems with it and often end up using e-tanks by mistake.
How can i quickly select the regular buster in Mega Man 2.5D
If you press the "next weapon" and "previous weapon" buttons at the same time, you'll revert to using the regular buster instead of having to cycle until you get to it.